Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Team Signed 2011 New York Giants Helmet

Its Super Bowl XLVI and the guys are in Indy getting helmets, jerseys and footballs signed by both the Giants and the Patriots players. Everything is going great. They're even getting items through security to both Manning and Brady. We start getting signing pics in our email and we're super happy about all the cool Super Bowl collectibles that we're going to add to our inventory.

My favorite football memorabilia items are team signed helmets, they're typically rare and they look ridiculously great when displayed in a fancy case. (The team signed jerseys are nice but you need a  lot of wall space for those big displays.) Anyway, these NFL team signed helmets are generally bought by corporations and dealers and its unusual when we sell one to an individual. Well, the week after the Super Bowl we get a layaway order for a Giants team signed helmet. This makes me happy and sad, happy to sell it, sad its going to leave my office!

I get the down payment (25%). Then I few weeks later I get another payment. A few weeks later I get an email saying they will be paying it off soon. Then nothing. Weeks go by. When the customer finally contacts me, its to kill the deal. This makes me happy and sad, happy I get to keep the helmet in my office, sad because I have to send the money back. hahaha

So now its summer and I have a 2011/2012, Super Bowl winning, NY Giants Team Signed Helmet for sale again. Its in excellent condition, never been publicly displayed, and comes with some signing pics and a Certificate of Authenticity.

2011/2012 NY Giants Team Signed Helmet
For more information on this and other cool Giants memorabilia visit our website at Score Memorabilia