Saturday, July 23, 2011

British Open Autographed Replica Trophy

Wow! Its my lucky day, more Jack and Arnie! In my last post I went on and on about Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer and how much I loved their style. Right after I posted that missive, I got a call from one of our guys saying that we were now the proud reps of a few, very rare, signed replica Claret Jug trophies. And guess who they're signed by? Thats right. Jack and Arnie!


As you may know, The Claret Jug is officially known as the Championship Cup and is awarded to the winner of The Open Championship (known to Americans as the British Open). The first Open Championship was played in 1860 at the Prestwick Golf Club but the first trophy, The Jug, wasn't awarded until 1873. Its a long, boring story that I won't get into here. What is interesting is that the trophy awarded to the winner each year is a copy of the original and the winner can only keep it for a year. The trophy we're selling? A copy also. But you can keep it forever! Check out more pictures here.

Quick note - There are two other signed replica trophies that you might also be interested in, Jack Nicklaus and Jack Nicklaus/Tiger Woods  Although Tiger has fallen from grace during the last few years but I predict his signed memorabilia will be hot stuff again in a few more years. Besides, he's TIGER WOODS for crying out loud.